Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions cover all sales of products and services by Medicago AB and any information and advice given whether charged for or not. No variation in these terms and conditions will apply unless agreed by Medicago AB in writing.
- Terms of delivery: EXW Uppsala according to INCOTERMS 2000.
- Medicago will charge for freight costs, insurances and for any specialised packaging.
- Custom duties, taxes and other impositions shall be borne by the Buyer.
- Medicago has the right to change the prices shown in price lists at any time and to invoice at prices current at the date of receipt of an order.
- Price on application and all other quotations will be valid for 60 days from the date of the quotation, unless otherwise notified by Medicago AB.
- All prices in price lists and quotations are exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT). VAT will be charged separately, if applicable.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing payment in full is due within 30 days from date of an invoice. Medicago has the right to charge interest on all overdue sums at the rate of 12 percent per annum.
- Payment in advance may be required from customers without an account.
- Customers who exceed their credit limits will be asked to pay in advance for additional goods until the account is settled.
- Any claims for shortages must be made within 7 days of delivery.
- Any claims for non-ordered items or non-delivery must be made within 7 days of receiving the invoice.
4. Return of damaged or unsuitable goods
- No goods may be returned without the authorisation of Medicago.
- Authorisation to return products damaged during delivery or delivered in error must be requested within 7 days of delivery. Medicago has the right to repair and return damaged products.
- Authorisation for the return of products which fail to meet current product specifications must be requested in writing within 14 days of delivery.
- Credit will be given for those products authorised for return which are unused and in re-saleable condition other than those in the categories shown below:
– Diagnostic reagents
– Refrigerated or frozen products
– Items with an expired shelf life or an expiration date too short for resale
– Discontinued items
– Custom products or special orders
5. Intended use/field of use
- Products are sold for research and laboratory use only.
- Medicago products are NOT to be administered to humans or used for medical diagnosis if nothing else is stated.
- Please read the product label and material safety data sheet for information pertaining to any product hazards which may exist. Products are intended for use only by qualified laboratory personnel.
6. Limited Product Warranty
- Medicago warrants that its products will conform to the standards stated in its product specification sheets in effect at the time of shipment. Medicago will replace free of charge, any product that does not conform to the specifications. This warranty limits Medicago’s liability only to the replacement of the product.
- THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND MEDICAGO MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED IN THESE CONTRACTS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- The stated warranties expressed and the remedy provided for any breach thereof, are in lieu of any other liabilities or obligations of Medicago for any damages whatsoever, arising out of or in connection either with the delivery, or with the Buyer’s inability to use any of its products.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL BIOLINE BE LIABLE UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT, OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS).
- Without limiting the effect of the preceding sentence, Medicago’s maximum liability, if any, shall not exceed the purchase price paid by the buyer for the product.
7. Claims, Disclaimers and Liability
- No claim under the Warranty (see section 6) will be met if, in the opinion of Medicago:
– The defect is not due solely to defective materials or manufacture.
– The goods have been misused, treated with carelessness, contaminat- ed, involved in an accident or dealt with in a manner at variance with the company’s directions.
- The Buyer acknowledges that the goods will be used for laboratory and research purposes and undertakes not to make them available for human consumption, drugs or household use, directly or indirectly if nothing else is stated. The buyer shall indemnify the company permanently against claims by any third party, arising out of the use or sale of the goods by the buyer.
- All descriptions, representations, illustrations and samples furnished or statements made orally by the company are given for general information purposes only. Any possible claim can be based only on written specifications agreed at the time of contract.
- Medicago shall not be responsible for any injury or damages resulting from the use or misuse of any of its products.
- Unless explicitly stated, no license or immunity under any patent is either granted or implied by the sale of any of Medicago products.
- Medicago does not warrant that the resale or use of its products delivered will not infringe the claims of any patents, trademarks or copyright covering use of the product itself, or its use in combination with any other products, or its use in the operation of any process. Furthermore, the purchaser assumes all risks of patent, trademark or copyright infringement associated with any such use, combination or operation.
8. Force Majeure
Any product sell to which these conditions apply is subject to cancellation by the company or to any such variation as it might find necessary by reason of strike, lock-out, trade dispute, weather conditions, hostilities, legislation, Acts of God or any cause whatsoever, beyond the control of Medicago AB.
9. Governing Law
The selling and shipping of Medicago products shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the country of Sweden where the company’s principal or registered offices are situated and the Buyers hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden.
Copyright © 2009 Medicago AB. All rights reserved. The reuse or reproduction of any of the information and design contained in this Catalogue without the written permission of Medicago AB is prohibited.